Call for Proposals
Bioethics in Transition
CALL FOR PAPERS AND POSTERS
The Center for Bioethics & Human Dignity
21st Annual Summer Conference
June 19-21, 2014
Trinity International University, Deerfield, IL, USA
Proposals are now being accepted for the upcoming CBHD summer conference, Bioethics in Transition.
Rapid advances in medicine, science, and technology continue to reshape the scope and landscape of bioethical reflection through the globalization of medicine and broadening reach of science and technology into everyday life.
The Center for Bioethics & Human Dignity’s 21st Annual Summer Conference Bioethics in Transition pauses to take stock of the complex conversations that have arisen as new innovations challenge older ethical paradigms and expand beyond the boundaries of classical ethical questions.
Identify the prospects and challenges for the evolving landscape of bioethical engagement within the context of shifting global and societal realities and advances in medicine and biotechnology.
Explore & discuss the ethical implications of recent developments in medicine, science, and technology with respect to our individual and common humanity.
Evaluate contemporary bioethical discourses in light of ethical approaches that include philosophical, religious, and other perspectives from the medical humanities.
Promote interdisciplinary engagement on pressing bioethical issues.
All serious proposals relevant to the study of bioethics are welcome, particularly those in the area of transitions in bioethics, biolaw, clinical ethics, emerging bioethical issues, nursing ethics, and theological engagement. To be considered for presentation, contributed papers and posters must be submitted as abstracts 250-300 words along with a CV/resume by Friday February 28, 2014.
Requirements and Deadlines
- All contributed papers and posters must be submitted as abstracts 250-300 words. At the end of the abstract please include the list of materials to be drawn upon. All serious proposals relevant to the study of bioethics are welcome.
- A CV or resume must be submitted along with the abstract
- In order to present a paper or poster, participants must register for the conference by May 19, 2014.
- Deadline For All Abstracts: All abstracts must be submitted via mail or email to The Center for Bioethics & Human Dignity, attn: Jennifer McVey, 2065 Half Day Road, Deerfield, IL 60015 or email@example.com prior to February 28, 2014.
Instuctions for Paper Presentations
- Oral Presentations of contributed papers will be 20-25 minutes plus 5 minutes for discussion.
Instructions for Poster Presentations
- Poster presentations will be displayed in a prominent area at the conference to maximize their impact. The advantage of a poster is that conference attendees will be able to view them over an extended period of time.
Posters must be no larger than 42” x 54”
- Make sure posters are readable from at least 5 feet away.
- A session will be provided during the conference for poster contributors to present their work.